Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two Emerald Celebrations


The Isle Of Innisfree

I’ve met some folks who say that I’m a dreamer
And I’ve no doubt there’s truth in what they say
But sure a body’s bound to be a dreamer
When all the things he loves are far away.
And precious things are dreams onto an exile
They take him o’er the land across the sea
Especially when it happens he’s an exile
From that dear lovely Isle of Innisfree.

And when the moonlight peeps across the rooftops
Of this great city wondrous tho’ it be
I scarcely feel its wonder or its laughter
I’m once again back home in Innisfree.

I wander o’er green hills thro’ dreamy valleys
And find a peace no other land could know
I hear the birds make music fit for angels
And watch the rivers laughing as they flow.
And then into a humble shack I wander
My dear old home, and tenderly behold
The folks I love around the turf fire gathered
On bended knees their rosary is told.

But dreams don’t last
Tho’ dreams are not forgotten
And soon I’m back to stern reality
But tho’ they paved the footways here with gold dust
I still would choose the Isle of Innisfree.

by Richard Farrelly



and.... Happy Birthday, PVE!

Not only is this emerald green day a celebration for the Irish, but it is also the birthday of the delightful Patricia van Essche of
PVE Design. A wonderful painter and illustrator, Patricia is also a kind and generous soul who has surprised many a fortunate blogger with art done specifically with them in mind. I was never so tickled as the morning I awoke to find this lovely portrait of Edward up on her blog. And then, she actually sent it to me! It now presides proudly over my library and is a true treasure to us all. On this St. Patrick’s Day, do join Edward and me as we travel over to PVE Design and wish lovely Patricia a most Happy Birthday!!

25 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! I hope you and yours have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this to wish our dear friend a wonderful birthday! Kelly even managed to pose in her old age.

    Speaking of Kelly... we both send you and Edward the luck of the irish today my friend! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    AND a very Happy Birthday Dear Patricia!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of her, and a happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saint Patrick's day to you and yours and "May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields."

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful poem. It has such deep longing.

    A lovely picture of Edward too, you must have been thrilled. I can't believe that I missed St.Patricks day, I must really be out of sorts at the moment.

    Thanks for the good wishes for Max. He's a little happier this morning, but then he's lounging in the sun :)

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings to you, Edward and Apple.
    Indian dogs envy Edward's life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just delightful to wake and read your words-so fitting for a day such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! And have a marvelous St. Patrick's Day! I lived in Boston and it was always a special celebration there!

    Take care, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela....that picture is breath taking! Is it a painting by your friend? The painting of Edward...
    that is so sweet !Happy St. Pat's!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St. Patrick's Day -- what a great picture of Edward. I do so love PVE's work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy St. Patrick's Day, my friend!
    And what a beautiful painting of Edward!

    I'm off to meet Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Patricia! Happy St. Paddy's day to all the dreamers. What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your portrait of Edward - he is beautiful. Happy St P's Day, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edward has had his portrait done - my goodness me - I hope it doesn't go to his head - but I am sure it won't - he looks such a well-balanced dog. PS Don't tell him but I love the portrait. Happy SP's Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello P&E,

    Beautiful words and painting. And a good picture of Edward too! Happy St. P's Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful present!

    I am always amazed at how St. Patrick's day is noticed and even celebrated all over the globe! We had the sun shine on our little parade, and the streets were packed and there was a general spring in everyone's step!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet! I'm going to see her blog next! To have such a good friend is lucky indeed! Love the poem! I wish everything you posted was in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful surprise & Edward is such a handsome model :-) Happy St.Patrick's Day to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such lovely art here. i could spend hours browsing through. really beautiful.

    xo

    Emily

    http://wideopenspaces.squarespace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful St. Paddy's day to you...lovely poem. I did pop over and wish Patricia a hearty st. Pat's and Birthday! Love the painting of edward!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how lovely, as I knew it would be. I always feel as if I have arrived at a magical place of enchantment when I visit you, Pamela. May you have many Irish Blessings.

    Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a gorgeous portrait of Edward! My, how beautiful it is. And I love this poem too, but maybe you can explain what a turf fire is? All I know is plain old log fire...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for posting the poem in toto and the very Irish picture to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The photo and the poem touched my heart. I understand it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alas, I am here to thank you for your kind and thoughtful wishes. (You and Edward that is.)
    pve

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Each and every one! Though I'm always reading your comments, I may not respond in the comment section. If you want to write me directly, you may do so at pamela@pamelaterry.net. Thank you for reading!