Monday, November 3, 2008


Song of Hope
A Poem by Thomas Hardy

O sweet To-morrow! -
After to-day
There will away
This sense of sorrow.
Then let us borrow
Hope, for a gleaming
Soon will be streaming,
Dimmed by no gray -
No gray!

While the winds wing us
Sighs from The Gone,
Nearer to dawn
Minute-beats bring us;
When there will sing us
Larks of a glory
Waiting our story
Further anon -
Anon!

Doff the black token,
Don the red shoon,
Right and retune
Viol-strings broken;
Null the words spoken
In speeches of rueing,
The night cloud is hueing,
To-morrow shines soon -
Shines soon!

13 comments:

  1. What a perfect poem for the day!
    Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All eyes this side of the water are watching and waiting too. Wonderful poem, and a beautiful image too. Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty poem and accompanying picture. Your posts always bring more class to Blog Land. :o) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited about tomorrow and can't wait to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already done my civic duty by mail.

    Fingers crossed for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a nice poem. we all need a little hope these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful poem today! Tomorrow shines soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me cry. I love it. With a beautiful photograph. Such a lovely, perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, and a lovely poem, to boot. (I love that phrase - does anyone use it anymore?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, been a bit pre-occupied, stunning post, perfect poem and that picture is how I want to look, composed and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am late to this but hope was rewarded.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Each and every one! Though I'm always reading your comments, I may not respond in the comment section. If you want to write me directly, you may do so at pamela@pamelaterry.net. Thank you for reading!