Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Must.... I Simply Must..


I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking, 

I must go down to the seas again for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying, 
And the flung spray and the brown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life, 
To the gulls’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, 
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.
by John Masefield
***

As you can see from the photo above, 
I am off this week, feeding my soul.
I shall return with merry yarns, soon.
xoxo
pamela




10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time away, dipping into the deep end. And thank you for this poem, it has been years since I have read it and it does a body good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy. And thanks for posting what long ago was one of my favorite poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pamela
    Bon Voyage. Have a glorious time and thank you for posting one of my favourite poems. I have it memorized.


    Helenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,

    Enjoy every moment as you feed your soul and body at the sea shore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy days Pamela! I took some videos of the sea crashing on a rocky shore when I was in Sydney with the Indian Ocean crashing in. I'll post it when you have been back long enough to have sand in your shoes again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela,
    Have a wonderful holiday by the sea.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spike Milligan said "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    I left my vest and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?".

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can a blog be more exquisite than yours. I dare say, not.

    Blessings!

    Winter

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Each and every one! Though I'm always reading your comments, I may not respond in the comment section. If you want to write me directly, you may do so at pamela@pamelaterry.net. Thank you for reading!